[ros-dev] Race Condition?

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Fri Nov 5 17:47:00 CET 2004

Filip Navara wrote:

> I belive there is only one lock (the dispatcher lock) on Windows (<= XP).

That's true - i already prepared the thread management for that. The
current lock could be renamed to the dispatcher lock - when
inserting/removing threads from a process, the process should be just
locked during the action. I have written a patch for the process locking
mechanism that win2k uses - but Alex prefers to "upgrade" to xp and use
pushlocks which aren't implemented yet.

> P.S. The thread dispatching that is currently in Ps should be moved to
> Ke.

I agree, and not just that, also everything that has to do with the
KTHREAD/KPROCESS structures should be moved there.

Thomas