[ros-dev] ReactOS and Viruses

Waldo Alvarez Cañizares wac at lab.matcom.uh.cu
Wed Nov 24 17:15:42 CET 2004

Hi Rick:

Well I don't believe that would be a protection at all against viruses. Why?

If I where to write a virus and knowing that reactos has such protection that would not stop me at all. I could simply write a function to calculate the hash in the virus (or simply tell the OS to do it for me) and update such database. Look at windows file protection, virus laugh at it. I think the verification of the PE checksum is enough to tell if a file is corrupt and would be faster wich means a faster load. If you want to know some more about viruses look for the e-zines of 29A on the internet to find out more about the subject. Their articles are as advanced as those in phrack (the latest). I think there is not solution for viruses, users will always do insecure things and viruses will be there waiting for them to do it.

Regards
Waldo