[ros-dev] ReactOS and Viruses

Thomas Larsen sikker2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 21:42:51 CET 2004

Hi why would it be a could a idea simply becures we eliminate a lot of old viruses but we could
allso make a function theire hold all exe files from execute when they contain some strange
command f.eks the delete or format funtion or some other stuff or some kind of database and the
send a signal out

Maybe
Reactos->MaybeVirusFile(Filename,Path);
VirusApps<-TestingFile(Filename,Path);

Ekstra Idea:
And a funtion to Stop new apps from run (REGEDIT RUNAPPS etc.)
Some New viruses use that way to start all the time and the user could be asked

NEW APP STARTING UP

RUN THE APP [X] DISMISS THE APP [ ] VIRUS TEST APP [ ]

Information about file

NEWER SHOW AGAIN [X]

And then make a group of apps that run i secure mode FOLDER SECURERUN
and then make a group of apps that run i unsecure mode FOLDER UNSECURERUN
So those in SECURE can´t change the reg and delete file e.g.
don´t know just and idea

but think people should care more about getting reactos to work...

Thomas

>>Hi Rick:
>Well I don't believe that would be a protection at all against viruses. Why?

>If I where to write a virus and knowing that reactos has such protection that would not stop me
at
>all. I could simply write a function to calculate the hash in the virus (or simply tell the OS to

>do it for me) and update such database. Look at windows file protection, virus laugh at it. I
>think the verification of the PE checksum is enough to tell if a file is corrupt and would be
>faster
>wich means a faster load. If you want to know some more about viruses look for the e-zines of 29A

>on the internet to find out more about the subject. Their articles are as advanced as those in
Waldo