[ros-dev] Sanos

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 5 17:02:27 CEST 2004

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:55:29 +0200
David Kredba <kredba at ibot.cas.cz> wrote:

> Is Sanos`s implementation of ndis and rtl8139 driver etc.
> interesting for ReactOS developers ?
>
> http://www.jbox.dk/sanos/index.htm
>

> Regards, David

Holy crap!

Those sanos guys know how to cut things down.  113k lines for enough
system to run the sun jvm for windows.

The rtl8139 driver in there is a nicely cut down version of the linux
one.  Not sure how legal it is to relicense gpl code to bsd license
like this but ...

In any case it's useful as a guide to understanding the linux 8139
driver if nothing else.  I may use their src/sys/net/dhcp.c, as it's
quite complete, after I check to see if there's a GPL parent of
course.
--
Hey, Adam Smith, keep your invisible hands to yourself!