[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [hbirr] 14443: - Fixed ExTimerRundown.

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Sun Apr 3 12:19:43 CEST 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:

> hbirr at svn.reactos.com wrote:
>
>> - Fixed ExTimerRundown.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Can you please explain some of your changes? You have introduced
> several changes that I don't understand, such as cancelling the
> timer's APC without actually making sure that it has an APC
> associated, as well as slowing down the path and forcing additionnal
> locking of the DB lock by using KeCancelTimer (which also uselessly
> checks if the timer is inserted -- we are sure it already is).

Hi,

the thread's active timer list can only contain timers which have an apc
associated. It isn't necessary to check for an apc. There exist a little
gap between deliver the apc and calling the apc routine which can
removes the timer itself from the list. In this case the timers apc and
dpc aren't on the apc and dpc list and some of the called functions do
nothing (KeRemoveQueueDpc, KeRemoveQueueApc, KeCancelTimer). The goal
for my changes was get the apc2 sample working again.

- Hartmut