[ros-dev] Ros 0.2.6-RC2 on sf.net

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Sun Apr 3 15:47:08 CEST 2005

The minimum tool dependency policy works great for us and I think we should stick to it.
It's not just a one time download of an unrar application and be done with it. Each user
must locate, download, and install this unrar tool on each machine that does not have it
installed already. This is a manual process. At least with zip there is a higher chance
that the user need only to download the archive. Even if it takes longer then, once the
download is initiated, the user can go do something else in the meantime. We want to
attract new users to this project and one large factor in doing this successfully is to
make it as easy to use ReactOS as possible.

ReactOS is GPL, so anyone that wants to put in the effort can repackage the releases
and put them up for download.

Casper