[ros-dev] Re: [ros-diffs] [hbirr] 14421: - Use IoBuildAsynchronousFsdRequest instead IoBuildSynchronousFsdRequest in NtRead/WriteFile.

Gunnar Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Tue Apr 5 02:56:35 CEST 2005

> IoBuildSynchronousFsdRequest does always queue the irps to the threads
> cancel/cleanup list. This isn't correct for asynchronous requests.

Hehe, this is a know misunderstanding:
The Synchronous/Asynchronous in IoBuildXxx refers to wheter the thread
context is non-arbitrary(synch) or arbitrary(asynch)! Yes, really! I can
only blame microsoft for makin such bad names:-D

A syscall is always in a non-arbitrary thread context thus it should
always use IoBuildSynchronousFsdRequest (or should it? see my other post).

Gunnar