[ros-dev] CommConfigDialog() and serialui.dll

Saveliy Tretiakov saveliyt at mail.ru
Wed Apr 6 22:21:54 CEST 2005

Hervé Poussineau wrote:

> Not committed because they give warnings:
> misc/comm.c: In function `CommConfigDialogA':
> misc/comm.c:854: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is
> deprecated
> misc/comm.c: In function `CommConfigDialogW':
> misc/comm.c:887: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is
> deprecated
> MAKE: *** [misc/comm.o] Error 1

Hmm, my compiler(gcc 3.3.3) didn't return any warnings. I will fix them
tomorrow.

>> include.diff
>>  - Add missing ioctls to ntddser.h:
>>    IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMCONFIG and IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_COMMCONFIG
>

> They are not documented by Microsoft (see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/serial/hh/serial/serref_297b853b-2e0c-4a71-9642-9516f433a382.xml.asp
> ) and googling on them doesn't give good results.
> Do you have some documentation?

I didn't know they are not documented :)
You can find this ioctls defined in microsoft's ntddser.h. They are used
to acess SERIALCONFIG structure.
I need this to implement GetCommConfig and SetCommConfig apis. The
SERIALCONFIG structure
is undocumented too. So what? Maybe remove it from our ntddser.h? :)