[ros-dev] ReactOS Foundation 501c3 Status - Approved

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 14:24:15 CEST 2005

--- Aleksey Bragin <aleksey at studiocerebral.com> wrote:
> b is actually close to bouny-system. a would be cool, but only if developer
> wishes this way.

Right now I just want to focus on the bounty system.

> What's other's opinion about this?
>
> 2) I agree with Alex that sponsoring expos travelling would be great (though
> $150 per night just for hotel sounds like a bit too much for me, but maybe
> american prices are higher than europe's), it's the main thing after
> developers payment.

Yes I think you and Alex are right. We should budget more of whatever money we get for that.

> 3) Board - what does it mean? Will it define main strategic decisions? If
> so, wouldn't it be fair to do it as we already started - by open voting
> process amongst all active (=having commit-access in svn) developers?
> I just don't know about it - if it's some legal thing, then I'm not really
> interested, and I would leave this to you :-), but if it's for making
> decisions about reactos development, it's structure etc, then I'd think that
> most of ros-devs should be involved in this process. Am I right?
> Also does being a board-member will mean generally distancing from actual
> development? Or it's kind of the same thing as being coordinator, when it's
> possible (and mostly needed) to be developer and coordinate some effort,
> like translating.

Yes its mainly a matter of legalism. There has to be some controling party to manage the books and
such. The way that Jason and I planned it was that the board would have no real power other than
to do the will of the majority of the developers. The board members could also be recalled and
appointed by vote.

> Again - it's so great this process is starting to move forward, I'm very
> excited about it, certainly big thanks goes to Steven for not giving up ;-)

Thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far and has stayed on me to make sure all of the
paperwork is moving in the right places.

Thanks
Steven