[ros-dev] CommConfigDialog() and serialui.dll

Saveliy Tretiakov saveliyt at mail.ru
Fri Apr 8 19:51:35 CEST 2005

Thomas Weidenmueller wrote:

> I thought you meant CommConfigDialog. Btw i tried calling
> drvCommConfigDialogA in WinXP and it returned
> ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED. So the return type is definitely not a
> BOOL but rather a DWORD returning a win32 error code (or 0 for success).

Maybe this is because you pressed cancel button and
ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
was set somewhere else? It returns FALSE when cancel button is pressed.

 From CommConfig dialog description:
If the function succeeds, the return value is nonzero.
If the function fails, the return value is zero. To get extended error
information, call *GetLastError*.

I think drvCommConfigDialog should return the same. Maybe adding
SetLastError(ERROR_CANCELLED)
and SetLastError(ERROR_SUCCESS) will solve the problem?