[ros-dev] KeBugCheck

Gunnar Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Sun Apr 10 04:35:34 CEST 2005

Thomas Weidenmueller wrote:
> Mike Nordell wrote:
>
>> Hartmut Birr wrote:
>>

>> If not, it's simply impossible to get correct and intended functionality,
>> should preemtion occur.

Irql must obviously stay the same no matter if we were preempted and/or
taskswitched a trillion times. The case here is probably a bug in the
task switcher, where it "restores" the thread at a irql different from
what was current when it was "suspended", and after 11 hours(!) this bug
just happends to materialize in-between two related KeGetKurrentIrql
calls. It doesnt sound very likely, does it... Still, i cant think of
anything else that may cause this behaviour.

> I very much doubt the irql should change at all...

Youre right