[ros-dev] revision 14561 crash

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Sun Apr 10 08:10:57 CEST 2005

Same problem here...

(fdo.c:177) Serenum: IRP_MJ_PNP / IRP_MN_START_DEVICE
(misc.c:143) Serenum: Calling lower device 8060d260 [\Driver\serial]
(misc.c:144) LowerDevice->DriverObject->MajorFunction[IRP_MJ_PNP]:
9cea4b90 SerenumPnp: 9cea4b90

For some reason in ForwardIrpAndWait (in serenum) the lower device
object (which should belong to the serial.sys driver) contains function
pointers to serenum driver... Obviously when SerEnum is called with
foreign device object which has different device extension it crashes.

- Filip