[ros-dev] KeBugCheck

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Apr 10 02:13:32 CEST 2005

James Tabor wrote:

> WOOOO!
> Thomas Weidenmueller wrote:
>
>> Mike Nordell wrote:
>>
>>> Hartmut Birr wrote:
>>>

>>> If not, it's simply impossible to get correct and intended
>>> functionality,
>>> should preemtion occur.
>>>

>> I very much doubt the irql should change at all...
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Thomas
>

> It did not click in my pee brain, "Preemption"? How could it preempt
> inside
> kernel space? I thought atm that was imposable.

Yeah, we don't really preempt on UP as far as I know with the current
scheduler. I think this only happens on MP, and I agree that the IRQL
probably doesn't get restored properly. Hopefully it'll work fine in my
scheduler...I had a similar problem but I found the bug and fixed it.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu