[ros-dev] Freeldr problems resolved

Brian Palmer brianp at sginet.com
Sun Apr 10 16:56:17 CEST 2005

I will try to find out what computer system it was that had the BIOS that
didn't pass the boot drive in DL. I believe that GRUB also supports a
similar mechanism for BIOSes that don't pass the boot drive in DL.

As far as being able to boot from EXT2 - FreeLoader has supported that for
many years now. It can also boot Linux kernels natively. There are also
other flag bytes in the FreeLoader boot sector code that help out with
determining which partition FreeLoader is installed on.

-Brian