[ros-dev] crash on ROS vmware install

ea ea at iol.it
Fri Apr 15 01:17:50 CEST 2005

On the 13th, in QEmu I had a stop due to serial.sys
http://users.libero.it/ea/ros/qemu-ros-200504130002.jpg
On IRC, Hervé said he's working on it.

Jason Filby wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm getting a similar crash under QEmu.
>
>Cheers
>Jason
>
>On 4/14/05, Gedi <gedi at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>>Source taken from HEAD just before Casper took it down for the rebuild.
>>
>>Initially it was hanging just after the splash so I rebuilt with DGB to
>>see if I could glean more info.
>>
>>Now it crashes upon install, just before it goes to the GUI config.
>>
>>Here is a sceenshot of the crash
>>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gedmurphy/crash.jpg
>>
>>I have attached the map files for smss. I would have stuck on one for
>>ntoskrnl too, but it's a little large.

The map file is for the production SM: the one in the blue screen is the
1st stage (text) setup program (in the boot disk it get renamed to be
run by ntoskrnl with no changes).

Emanuele