[ros-dev] rbuild feedback

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Sun Apr 24 00:23:20 CEST 2005

> From: Royce Mitchell III
>
> Also, being this close, would everybody who cares please
> check out the rbuild branch for feedback before we go live?

First, congratulations, I'm impressed by the work you and Casper have done.

I had one major problem (I need the *.nostrip.* files for GDB) which Casper
solved within two hours after I mentioned it to him. Again very impressive,
thanks.

There's two small issues, nice-to-have but not essential as far as I'm
concerned. First is that used to be able to do "make" followed by "make
install" from a subdirectory. The "make install" doesn't work anymore ("No
rule to make target `install'."). The other thing is that I used to be able
to setup a bootcd using "make bootcd", then I would go in, recompile
something and copy it manually to ..\bootcd\disk\wherever. After that I
could do a "make bootcd_makecd" so it would just use the files in
..\bootcd\disk to create the .iso, without having to go through the whole
reactos tree. "make bootcd" is now one big target so that doesn't work
anymore.
I can probably fix both issues myself, but since you asked for feedback and
I'm lazy...

Gé van Geldorp.