[ros-dev] install problem

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Wed Apr 27 00:40:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

since some time, I'm not able to install ros from the bootcd over an
existing ros. The first stage setup works perfect. The second boot hangs
after loading most of the drivers. The last line on the debug port comes
from framebuf.dll:

DriverBase for \??\E:\ReactOS\system32\win32k.sys: 9d62b000
DriverBase for \??\E:\ReactOS\system32\freetype.dll: 9d803000
DriverBase for \SystemRoot\System32\kbdgr.dll: 9d78f000
(ntuser/desktop.c:574) IntShellHookNotify: No desktop!
(ntuser/desktop.c:574) IntShellHookNotify: No desktop!
(ntuser/desktop.c:574) IntShellHookNotify: No desktop!
DriverBase for \SystemRoot\System32\framebuf.DLL: 9dfab000

Has anyone the same problem? The install works again, if I delete all
registry files from the existing installation. Usually I use the 'make
install' command to install ros over the network on my test machines.

- Hartmut