[ros-dev] 0.2.7?

Gedi gedi at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 30 15:21:37 CEST 2005

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

>Uh... Networking?
>
>I know at the very least *I* haven't seen ping working yet...

Networking has been up and running since before christmas now.
Along with the Mozilla control, you can now browse the web with ROS'
built in ibrowser, or use something like dillo.
There are many other programs running too, email, IRC too name but a few.

>Networking support at the very least should be a staple for most overly
>popular cards before you think about trying to require a web page be
>displayed for something.  Instead, put a static page on the CD that gets
>copied to the installed system.

It's still not fully stable, card support is not great and it's only
configurable through regedit at the moment.
However it's all being worked on. Arty has done a fantastic job so far.

Ged.