[ros-dev] NIC RTL8029 will work with NE2000

Daniel Zimmermann netzimme at netscape.net
Mon Feb 14 12:31:54 CET 2005

James Tabor <jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net> wrote:

>netzimme at netscape.net wrote:
>> Hi Ros-Dev
>> I have a patch that let a RTL8029 based NIC work with
>> the ne2000 driver and partiell with the original driver.
>> The problem is when the 'size' is 0 and the queriy run in
>> NDIS_STATUS_INVALID_LENGTH. Then the size is never set to
>> the a new value.
>What was your hivesys.inf setup like?

Hi James

Add this entries :

This can you get when you run the DOS-Utility from the NIC to see the IRQ
and Port Number. Under Windows 2000 there are difference

This is from the Registry from Windows 2000

And this i get from the BIOS bootscreen.

To start the ne2000 driver.

Hope this helps

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.