[ros-dev] multiboot.S patch in need of review, please

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Thu Jan 27 19:43:15 CET 2005

Hartmut Birr schrieb:

> I've add your patch to my source tree. On the smp machine, ros reboots
> in the very early boot phase. It is before the call to _main.
>
> - Hartmut

Hi,

I've found the problem. MmSystemRangeStart is initialized before the bss
section is cleaned. But MmSystemRangeStart is located in the bss
section. There are two other little mistakes. The offset of
MmSystemRangeStart isn't calculated correctly. Royce has reported this
in an other mail. On UP machines MmSystemRangeStart is not initialized.
Look at the attached file.

- Hartmut