[ros-dev] Are DBG=0 builds broken?

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Fri Jun 3 22:30:23 CEST 2005

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

>>From: Hartmut Birr
>>
>>I didn't see the boot screen from setupldr. That's why I'm the opinion
>>that freeldr/setupldr fails.
>>

>If I create a DBG := 0 bootcd and boot from it in Vmware, I get a stack
>fault. If I add a line "while (1) ;" in ntoskrnl\ke\main.c just before line
>243 (2nd call to LdrSafePEProcessModule()), the boot process hangs (and I
>presume it hangs in the while (1)).
>Just for kicks, can you try adding a while (1) at the very top of _main() in
>ntoskrnl\ke\main.c?
>
>Gé van Geldorp.

Hi,

I get the same result. Previous Alex changes to the debug system, I've
enabled the bochs debug prints at compile time. Bochs was very helpful
in such situations. With the new debug system, I'm not able to do this.
I hate Alex changes, because they have nothing improved and I'm not able
to investigate in bugs in the early boot phase. Sorry, that I say this.

- Hartmut