[ros-dev] Where have the MAP Files gone?

Anich Gregor blight at blight.eu.org
Sat Jun 4 03:15:39 CEST 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 01:32, Alex Ionescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where rbuild creates the map files now? With all this
> discussion on having easy to use debugging, it seems that having the map
> files is the most important thing of them all. Can this functionality
> please be added back to rbuild, or can someone show me if there's a flag
> or something? I can't live without map files..how are you supposed to
> debug without them??
>
> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

>From the toplevel Makefile:

#    ROS_BUILDMAP
#        This variable controls if map files are to be generated for
executable
#        output files. Map files have the extension .map. The value can be
either
#        full (to build map files with assembly code), yes (to build map files
#        without source code) or no (to not build any map files). The variable
#        defaults to no.
#

I think it should work like this (but I havent tested it):
Set the environment var ROS_BUILDMAP to either full or yes, then delete the
makefile.auto from the toplevel directory (to force rbuild to recreate the
makefile) and run make (to actually recreate the makefile with rules for
maps)

hth