[ros-dev] New OS built on ReactOS and WinuxOS technology!

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Sat Jun 4 18:45:24 CEST 2005

> From: Rafal Kupiec
>
> I don't understand yours policy. Maybe HostiliX is compatible
> with Windows and based on ReactOS, but we don't want to do
> Windows NT clone, that ReactOS is. HostiliX will only support
> for Windows apps and drivers. It will also have its' own subsystem.

Ok, you don't want to clone MS Windows, but it's totally unclear to me what
you do want to do then. Doesn't supporting Windows apps and drivers kind of
imply that you're going to follow the Windows architecture? What features
will HostiliX have besides the support for Windows apps and drivers?

Writing your own subsystem is something you could do inside the ReactOS
project.

Gé van Geldorp.