[ros-dev] Fwd: 'Portable ROS'

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:51:08 CEST 2005

What you need are Motherboards capable of booting from USB. Most early
Motherboards w/ USB didn't have the ability to boot from it.

Also, there might be a workaround for getting ROS to boot from USB. In
particular, on my Asus A8V (Before it blew), you had the option of
emulating a USB Stick as either a Floppy Disk, or a Hard Disk. IIRC,
emulated as a Floppy, you could get Freeldr off of it using AutoExec,
which would boot ROS Directly fro the USB Stick.

That's if it'll, just my 2c.

On 6/4/05, Jason Filby <jason.filby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> See the mail below; I'll forward any comments on.
>
> Personally I think the best solution would be able to have ROS
> identify drives connected via USB and install directly onto such
> drives.
>
> Cheers
> Jason

"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"