[ros-dev] Re: New OS built on ReactOS and WinuxOS technology!

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:58:32 CEST 2005

I'm seeing parallels between the ReactOS/HostilliX Spat (And indeed,
the ReactOS/EkushOS Spat), and the PearPC/CherryOS Spat.

essentually, a 1:1 copy of something. If you build something from
scratch, and program it to accept program instructions from a Specific
Architecture, that is not 'cloning'.

As long as the GPL is obeyed, there shouldn't be a problem... we hope.

On 6/5/05, Alex Ionescu <ionucu at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Rafal Kupiec wrote:
>
> >I hope so.
> >Thanks!
> >

> Rafal,
>
> I am checking out your kernel code (because what's what I work in) and I
> noticed you've removed all notices of my copyright on those files. I
> cannot speak for other developers, but for myself, I am disgusted and
> pissed. I retain all copyright on the code that I've written (which
> means about 40% of your kernel) and I demand for my name and contact
> information to be re-added to your sources. What you are doing is
> illegal under copyright law. You cannot take a book, rip out the
> copyright notice and write "WRITTEN BY RAFAL KUPIEC".
> I am willing to assume that you've made an honest mistake. I'm hoping
> that you will change the files which contain my copyright on them to
> reflect this. I assume other developers would want the same, but I
> cannot legally speak up for them.
>
> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"