[ros-dev] Does ROS currently support Ext2?

Andrew Smith espadav8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:57:05 CEST 2005

Hello, I'm not a developer (at least not on ROS), but I have been
reading the list for some time now, but this just popped up at me...

On 04/06/05, James Tabor
<jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net> wrote:
> "Only 4194304 bytes copied to drive C:. Does that number look anything familiar
> to anyone? How about 400000 Hex."
>
> That is the only bug I could find with my tests.

Is this a bug with the ext2? because that's 4GB which is the limit a
FAT32 drive file can be, so if a file is copied over that is larger
than 4GB it will be cut off at that point anyway.

So if that is the only bug then there aren't any bugs really. Maybe a
warning should be thrown if a file > 4GB is attempted to be
copied/moved to a FAT drive (I know windows does this, but the error
it reports is incorrect. I recently tried coping some 4.3GB files from
an NTFS partition to a FAT partition and windows reported that the FAT
drive "Doesn't have enough free space" despite the fact there was
about 125GB free).

--
Andy Smith - Def since birth