[ros-dev] Re: New OS built on ReactOS and WinuxOS technology!

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 6 14:33:36 CEST 2005

Rafal Kupiec wrote:

>1) I may modify ReactOS Sources, what I did.
>2) I must inform, that I modified ReactOS Sources, so I wrote as: "Based
>on ReactOS Technology". In GPL isn't any fragment that means that I must
>write all authors of this file.

First of all, "ReactOS Technology" is not a legal person that can
reprsent copyright. A copyright is registered to a legal entitiy (such
as a person, or company). You can't register a copyright to a
"technology". So at the very least you should say "Based on work done by
the ReactOS Foundation, (c) 2000-2005". Even if that were the case, I
have not I have not submitted my work under the ReactOS Foundation, so I
retain copyright. In that case you are misrepresenting the valid
copyright owner...

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu