[ros-dev] PPC Port of ReactOS Not Needed?

David Johnson davidjohnson.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:21:32 CEST 2005

Where did you get your information?

Apple is not going to change to Pent. 4 X86 platform. Microsoft is
switching to PPC. (XBOX) Sony is PPC also with PS3 and Nintendo has
been PPC for along time. Also PPC is a lot more scalable than x86.
Rumor has it Longhorn has a PPC port being developed in parallel.

No apple did have MacOS running on x86 called project Startrek.

That was before OSX.

On 6/6/05, mail.comcast.net <eek2121 at comcast.net> wrote:

> With the news that new Macs will be Pentium 4 based (yes, not just intel,
> but Pentium 4 based) I have to wonder, Would it be worthwhile to continue
> working on a port of ROS to PPC?
>
> Richard

David Johnson
http://www.davefilms.us