[ros-dev] PPC Port of ReactOS Not Needed?

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 6 16:39:34 CEST 2005

mail.comcast.net wrote:

> With the news that new Macs will be Pentium 4 based (yes, not just
> intel, but Pentium 4 based) I have to wonder, Would it be worthwhile
> to continue working on a port of ROS to PPC?
>
> Richard

Will the gigantic PPC user base (all Macs except 68K + other embedded
devices) magically be converted to Pentium 4 simply because Apple's
*new* machines (which will only be retailing in 2008) will be based on
x86? I also doubt it'll be P4 based...the dev machine is P4...but I bet
the final product will be a desktop version of the Pentium M. Notice
Jobs was talking about G5 not delivering on laptop and also "Performance
per watt". That's where the Centrino 2 excells..and Intel is working on
a Desktop version.
So yes of cousre we will still want to support the million of PPC computers.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu