[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [hbirr] 15818: Allocate the section object from non paged pool because the storage for a spin lock must be in non paged memory.

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 6 16:42:28 CEST 2005

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>Alex Ionescu wrote:
>

>>hbirr at svn.reactos.com wrote:
>>

>>>Allocate the section object from non paged pool because the storage
>>>for a spin lock must be in non paged memory.
>>>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Not that I disagree with your changes (it seems they are necessary)
>>but don't they imply a bigger architectural problem? I've checked with
>>WinOBJ and the Section Object is allocated in paged memory... just
>>wanted to let you know this is why I made the change.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Alex Ionescu
>>

>I'm not sure what WinObj means with the paged and non paged memory. I
>see sections with both values set to zero and sections which using paged
>and non paged memory.
>
>- Hartmut
>_____

Here is the Object Type Initializer for Sections:

 +0x060 TypeInfo         : _OBJECT_TYPE_INITIALIZER
      +0x000 Length           : 0x4c
      +0x002 UseDefaultObject : 0x1 ''
      +0x003 CaseInsensitive  : 0 ''
      +0x004 InvalidAttributes : 0x100
      +0x008 GenericMapping   : _GENERIC_MAPPING
         +0x000 GenericRead      : 0x20005
         +0x004 GenericWrite     : 0x20002
         +0x008 GenericExecute   : 0x20008
         +0x00c GenericAll       : 0xf001f