[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [hbirr] 15836: Changed back to the GPL.

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 8 18:55:54 CEST 2005

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>Alex Ionescu wrote:
>

>>False... referring to the COPYING file is enough.
>>

>I think, we should change the header a little bit:
>
>/*
> * COPYRIGHT:    ReactOS Team
> * LICENSE:      GPL, see LICENCE in the top level directory
> * PROJECT:      ReactOS kernel
> * FILE:         ntoskrnl/ke/apc.c
> * PURPOSE:      NT Implementation of APCs
> *
> * PROGRAMMERS:  Alex Ionescu (alex at relsoft.net)
> *               Phillip Susi
> *               ...
> */
>
>because copyright and license are different things. Lawyers do like it
>to find such things.
>
>- Hartmut

I don't have a problem with this except the copyright part. I just wrote
a public email a couple of days ago saying how wrong "ReactOS Team"
is...did you read it? I'll restate:

1) ReactOS Team is not a legal entity, it cannot be assigned copyright.
2) Replacing that by ReactOS Foundation (a legal entitity) is not
correct since I'm not aware of any developer that has (yet) submitted
his work under the Foundation's copyright.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu