[ros-dev] Uhci Driver Hacks

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Thu Jun 9 21:04:33 CEST 2005

James Tabor wrote:

> hpoussin found a bug in setupapi. I think we do not have cfgmgr32.dll so
> our setupapi doesn't forward to it as it should.

ReactOS' setupapi.dll doesn't forward CM_* functions to cfgmgr32.dll.
These functions are implemented in setupapi.dll and cfgmgr32.dll
forwards them to setupapi.dll. Just like WinXP does.

> (KERNEL32:lib/kernel32/mem/global.c:76) GlobalAlloc( 0x40, 0x2D )
> (lib/setupapi/cfgmgr.c:327:CM_Locate_DevNodeA) 0055fab0 00000000 0
> Unhandled exception
> Address:
>    76670ff4   C:\ReactOS\system32\setupapi.dll
> CS:EIP 1b:76670b93

It looks like our CM_Locate_DevNodeA in setupapi.dll is being called.

All CM_* functions used by usbview.exe are not implemented properly but
I'm curremtly working on it. The required functionality in ntoskrnl.exe
is implemented but higher levels in setupapi.dll and umpnpmgr.exe, like
RPC-Stubs and String Tables are still missing. I think I'll need another
3 or 4 weekends to get this working.

Regards,
Eric