[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ion] 14790: Don't use hack for trap frames anymore , read TempEsp and TempSegSs for kernel-mode traps during debugging.

Anich Gregor blight at blight.eu.org
Mon Jun 13 23:12:07 CEST 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 21:52, Alex Ionescu wrote:
> Anich Gregor wrote:
> >Please revert these changes if possible, they are part of KDBs current
> >breakage and pretty much incorrect (from KDBs point of view)
>
> You and I both talked about these changes 1-2 months ago. I seem to
> recall you were OK with them. If you dislike the hack or there's a
> problem with it, feel free to fix it; it is beyond my tecnical knowledge
> of KDBG and ability.

Please read my email, I asked you to revert the changes, not fix them, because
you changed only onr of three or more places which had to be fixed, and if
you had read 10 lines up or down in the changed KDB code you would have seen
that more things need to be changed.

In future, if you don't understand the code and don't want to read into it,
please don't change it at all (because a broken kernel debugger hinders some
people from working on reactos and is a really bad situation IMO), or change
it like I tell you (you didnt change like I told you to)

I have already fixed the problem locally and have given a patch to hpoussin,
so there's no need anymore to revert the changes I think because I can fix it
soon.