[ros-dev] Patch up for testing

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Thu Jun 16 13:07:02 CEST 2005

After change r15830 (which was required to get the VMware 5 display driver
to run), sometimes display corruption occurs (see also bug 650). For
example, using the VBE driver, start "rosperf fill" and then move the mouse
up/down along the right side of the window.

I have a patch available which should fix this. It's a pretty invasive patch
so I would like it if people can test it in their favorite config before I
commit it. The patch itself is available at
ftp://ftp.geldorp.nl/pub/ReactOS/lockbits.patch I've also provided two
win32k.sys binaries based on r15932 at
ftp://ftp.geldorp.nl/pub/ReactOS/win32k.sys.dbg1 (debug build, DBG=1) and
ftp://ftp.geldorp.nl/pub/ReactOS/win32k.sys.dbg0 (release build, DBG=0 and
OARCH=pentium2).

The only issue I know of is that this patch will cause increased display
corruption when using the Cirrus driver in QEmu. I believe this is only a
symptom of a deeper problem we have with the Cirrus driver.

I plan to commit this patch during the weekend.

Gé van Geldorp.