[ros-dev] ReactOS Visual IDE

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Thu Jun 16 23:58:45 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am looking to develop an all in one application for developers and
programmers to write code for reactos. I know that I haven't produced
very much work, or contributed to the reactos core as of yet but I am
sure that ReactOS would like to have something that would reflect M$
Visual Studio and Apple's XCode. I know how much programming means to
you all and sorry to say I am not the greatest program writer in the
world but I feel that any contribution can work. Here are my plans for
the Visual IDE:

1)       Encompass all of the C++ and C models that the ReactOS
developer would need. Including: headers, libraries, and executables
that are needed to develop and compile ReactOS binaries.
2)       Make the Visual Ide as easy to navigate as other respective
companies IDEs.
3)       Integrate current technologies including:
a.       C++
b.       C
c.       Mono
d.       Server Side Technologies
                                                               i.
PHP
                                                             ii.
ASP
                                                            iii.
.Net
e.       Database Integration
f.         Team / Group Collaboration
g.       Instant Messaging
h.       Document Check-in / Check-out via CVS or SVN

I would also like to have a working database model based off of a
version of MySQL 4.1.x or 5.0.x or perhaps either Postgresql 8.x that
would support such a project.

Please tell me if we can get people together to document reactos to
develop such an IDE.