[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ion] 16175: jingle bells batman smells, robin laid an egg (build rosrtl with NDK)

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Tue Jun 21 02:02:24 CEST 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:
> And after telling us this on the IRC Channel, where 90% of the
> developers were, your point of posting this on a public mailing list was?
> It's called public defamation, and I think it's childish on your behalf
> (much more then my amusing commit messages which are kept internally to
> our lists).

The reason I did this is the second commit which was done _after_ we
discussed the issue. However, I agree with you that it might be childsh
behavior, but I do think the same about the commit messages. I do think
the same about these "dedicated to..." commit messages, but whatever...

> You've done two things:
>    - Posted the commit messages from a list with 30 subscribers to a
> list with 500.
>    - Tried to use sarcasm in order to publicaly make fun of me and
> attempting to make a point that I "damage the credibility of the project".

Sadly, I'm a person who uses sarcasm a lot in real life, so I hereby
apologize, I didn't mean to get people making fun of you.

> Good job. I ask again, what was the point of posting this here after you
> already told everyone on IRC what you thought?

See above.

> After you spend 5 sleepless nights fixing the headers, I'll make sure
> not to cut you some slack when you goof off a bit.

I appreciate the work that you guys have done recently and I'm really
grateful. However, I thought it was clear that these kind of commit
messages are not really appreciated. The point of a commit message has
always been a summarization of the changes that were done. Why not add
jokes into the source code?

On some point I'm thinking about resigning. I certainly have overreacted
sometimes, I've been harsh sometimes and I have a very busy life lately
which makes contributing to ReactOS a bit difficult at the moment.
Because of what happened, I have the feeling that the number of people
who would rather want me see putting my energy into other things is
growing. Again, I'm thinking about it.

So again, I'm sorry for all this, I just was pissed off a little.

Thomas