[ros-dev] New Site Design

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Thu Jun 23 08:06:25 CEST 2005

I was wondering if you all would be interested in doing something like a
portal system. I know that a content management system is important, and
that will be a feature also, but I think a portal system for users,
developers, and administrators can become quite a useful feature. I think
another factor in getting ReactOS into mainstream computer useage would be a
single-sign-on service much like microsoft's passport service or apple's
.mac service, which may or may not be sso based I am not really sure. There
should also me an MSDN like library for programmers that are currently
unaware of programming protocol. There should also me a software
compatibility library.

Just a few suggestions

            1 - Utilize a portal system

            2 - Supply users and developers with a application/driver
compatibility library

            3 - Supply users, and developers with an online application for
programming help/collaboration.

            4 - Utilize a content management system over the portal system
to allow the portal be updateable.

Those are a few of my suggestions.

On another note I think ReactOS should not wait to do a "networking" release
and should provide 0.2.7 or 0.2.6.1 etc. The networking support is an
important feature but stability is a major factor in releasing software. If
networking is unstable the version should be 0.2.6.1 for each major bugzilla
fix. Even if that means 0.2.6.99999.