[ros-dev] New Release - how're you feeling?

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Thu Jun 23 17:07:16 CEST 2005

> Yeah, but MediaWiki isn't really a core website. More an information
> gathering environment.
>
> I'm thinking along the lines of full, browsable website, with core sections
> like:
> About, Features, Screenshots, news, Licence, Download links, Documentation,
> Forums, View cvs, Wiki, FAQ/Howto, Bugzilla, Mailing lists, Status,
> Resources.
>
> Something along the lines of www.gentoo.org, or www.winehq.com

I'm dead serious when I say a static html front page and a wiki is enough for us.
Of all the (CMS) systems we've tried in the past, none if them have been as
successful as the wiki (or even close to it). The content was always very
outdated. MediaWiki is simple to use and anyone with a browser and Internet access
can make changes very easily and without much training.

Casper