[ros-dev] New Release - how're you feeling?

waldo alvarez waldoalvarez00 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:55:12 CEST 2005

Hi:

> 0.3 is meant to be the big bang release where users are blown away, not
> minor releases. To take Alex's earlier comparison, the Linux kernel often
> jumps minor releases (2.6.*) with no obvious improvements. You generally
> have to read the changelog to see what has changed (and if it's worth you
> upgrading)

> Again, my point is; if we're not going to do anymore 0.2.* releases, then we
> could be in for a long wait before networking is at a stage which meets the
> 0.3 criteria.

> Ged.

I think that a release right before 0.3 would be good to have enough
testing (at least 2 months) and freeze it for a while only correcting
bugs. And of course follow the right secuence of alpha beta release
candidate and release with enought time. Because I think the process
takes very little time for ROS when it happens. Well a branch could be
a possibility too.

Regards
Waldo