[ros-dev] New Site Design

Klemens Friedl klemens_friedl at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 23:55:27 CEST 2005

The ideas are not new. I also had it some month ago ;)

There will be (from my point of view):
* a global login system
* ReactOS main page
* compatibility database
* packages manager database
* new design
* new underlaying system (main page generated html pages; all other pages
based on a php script + mysql database)
* a CMS (for the section mentioned above) for Devs and Admins to
manage/control the ReactOS website
* integrate the wiki, bugzilla and phpbb system (global login system and new
site design)
* maybe a online language translation tool for resource files
* maybe skin support and personal start-page (only for registered users)

I will have enough time to code the package manager and the compatibility
section. These sections are almost finished (on my local pc). And then if no
one else do it, I can code the global login system and/or the html
generation script (for the main/content pages).

I will have a lot of free time in july - oct. 2005

I made a alpha page with some features some months ago (the design is NOT
the final one!):
http://frik85.fr.funpic.de/packmgr/

I hope the UI-Team will finalize the Homepage Design soon, so I can start
implement the new Design into my script(-system).