[ros-dev] New Release - how're you feeling?

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Fri Jun 24 01:16:28 CEST 2005

> From: Robert Köpferl
>
> Asides from that a really small incease could reflect our
> shame. Which is however too small or just ridiculus.
> --> An alternative (to express our shame) would be to just release and
> not to anounce (I will not press the sf-button) the release.

Just a datapoint: the 0.2.6 branch was created at r14154. We're now at
r16251. That means that in the last 3 months we have created an incredible
amount of changes, about 2100. That's 1/7th of all the changes between 1997
and 2005! Now, not every change is user-visible and some of the changes are
even regressions, but still, I'm not ashamed to bring out a new release when
this much work has been done.

> Conclusion:
> So a branch will occour within let's say the next 2 weeks to have ROS
> 0.2.7 (our suggested next ver) fixed and built within another 2 weeks.
>
> This is what I would do. What do you think about?

I agree completely.

Gé van Geldorp.