[ros-dev] NDIS development

Andrei Homescu ahomescu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:50:05 CEST 2005

Hello!

I've been studying the sources for ndis.sys for a while and I started
writing some functions, until now simple ones (wrappers for kernel
calls). I would like to implement NdisAllocatePacketPoolEx and
NdisPacketPoolUsage, but I don't think I can without modifying
NDIS_PACKET_POOL in w32api/include/ddk/ndis.h. Is that data structure
internal to ndis.sys or is publicly documented (and thus I can't touch
it)? I would like to add a couple of new members to count the overflow
packets and the used packets.
I've also been reading "Undocumented Windows NT" and I have a few
questions regarding some legal issues. Are the function declarations
for documented functions copied&pasted from the DDK? The undocumented
function declarations are obtained by disassembly of Windows sources?
Doesn't snooping around kernel code violate any copyright law?

Best regards,
Andrei Homescu