[ros-dev] NDIS development

Andrei Homescu ahomescu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:51:23 CEST 2005

On 6/24/05, art yerkes <ayerkes at perpetual.com> wrote:
> If the structure appears in the DDK headers, you should consider it to
> be in use by drivers, even if it's accompanied by a note saying that
> the structure is internal and will change.  Driver writers tend to
> ignore such warnings.

You have a point, but I checked their DDK and it's not described there
(it's an alias for PVOID in their DDK). Its members appear only in our
DDK.
I've been snooping a little through their ndis.sys and it seems that
their structure has some extra members, like pointers to lists of used
packets and stuff like that. I guess it's safe then to add a few
variables to help in the implementation.
I also saw another interesting thing: the MS ndis.sys doesn't have all
the functions listed in the DDK. A few of them are declared as exports
but not implemented.

Best regards,
Andrei Homescu