[ros-dev] New ReactOS Homepage: ideas, new features, etc.

Klemens Friedl klemens_friedl at gmx.net
Sun Jun 26 22:24:17 CEST 2005

I wrote all my ideas about the new ReactOS page (that came to my mind)
together:

http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/mediadetail.php?sec=Articles&cat=ideas&mdnr=119

What is your opinion about that?

There are two (or more) possible solutions for the static main pages:
* wiki system that generate the static pages (HTML/XHTML) (maybe language
support problem ?)
* selfwritten simple CMS system (very flexible, easy to use, only a few
php-scripts so fewer bugs, better integration (design, layout), language
support, generate HTML/XHTML, ...)
(* CMS system like the current one)

What system do you prefer? (wiki, CMS, ...)

Compatibility and Package Manager section:
* wiki based (like in the current mediawiki only a long list)
* php based dynamic list (with filter features and tree structur; mysql
database): example: (first alpha page)
http://frik85.fr.funpic.de/packmgr/?page=tree&sec=view&sec2=2
* winehq's application database (or something else; redesign it?)

What system do you prefer? (wiki, dynamic list (tree structur), ...)

I will have time in july/august/sept. to implement the Compatibility-,
Package Manager section and the simple CMS system that can generate the
static pages, if it is okay for you.
But I will wait until I get a "start signal". If someone else want do it
alone or want help me, it will be no problem (for me; then I will have more
time to code for ReactOS).

I wrote this because the current ReactOS page is awful (design and CMS
system) and we need a better and more beautiful page to gain more visitors,
get a bigger ReactOS community (and more devs).
I hope the UI-Team will finalize the layout of the homepage in the next two
months.

Thanks for reading this, and maybe you find time to write your opinion about
that.

Best regards,
Klemens Friedl

(PS: Tomorrow, I will have no time to answer any emails, sorry.)