[ros-dev] SMSS & LSASS: Service Status

Emanuele Aliberti ea at iol.it
Sat Sep 3 17:46:19 CEST 2005

Rick Langschultz wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I am thinking about starting, or helping write the SMSS and/or LSASS
> implementation on ReactOS. I was wondering what I can help with, or
> help someone to do the work...

For what I am aware of, the SM needs:

1) implementing delayed move file: the only file involved should be
trunk\reactos\subsys\smss\initmv.c (Recently Steven Edwards implemented
the delayed move file in the Win32 client library, porting some WinE
code; if the SM performs the actual move during the bootstrap, we will
be able to release service packs for ReactOS);

2) peer revieweing the client management code and the SM API in general
(Suggestions, hints, proposals, questions, code welcome! This is a
really broad subject, because of the key rôle the SM has in managing
multiple personalities; the SM interacts with NTOSKRNL, the user mode
loader in NTDLL, per personality debuggers; per personality subsystem
servers).

--
:Emanuele Aliberti