[ros-dev] Replacement for Bitstream fonts

Mikhail Y. Zvyozdochkin mzvyozd at narod.ru
Thu Sep 8 21:25:27 CEST 2005

Hi All.
I think it's a good idea to use Dejavu fonts
http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/
instead Bitstream Vera. Reasons are:
- it based on Bitstream fonts (1.10);
- it's distributing under SAME license;
BUT
- it supported MUCH more unicode pages than original Bitstream fonts; it
was main goal of Dejavu Projects "to provide a wider range of
characters", to support various languages and codepages.
In particular, I tried to activate Russian language in ReactOS 0.2.7-REL
with Dejavu fonts. It working correctly without any proprietary fonts :).
Unicode coverage table:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/dejavu/dejavu-fonts/unicover.txt?rev=HEAD
At this September they want make new release, 1.14. I think, it new
version may be integrated with ReactOS 0.3 :)

WBR,
   DarkHobbit