[ros-dev] Trunk Freeze

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at studiocerebral.com
Sat Sep 17 10:51:11 CEST 2005

I can't boot ReactOS with MP HAL (but compiled with SMP=0) - it hangs
in VMWare 4.5 on the "Loading disk.sys". I remember some time ago it
hun on "Loading buslogic.sys" but I just deleted it.

Installation of WinXP in the same virtual machine goes with
installing APIC HAL.

I tried investigating these problems, because interrupts are not
being delivered to the uhci driver, in VM it's placed either on IRQ 9
if normal HAL is used, and on 0x19 if APIC mode is used.
I'm currently out of ideas why it doesn't work.

WBR,
Aleksey.