[ros-dev] Re: Trunk Freeze

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Sat Sep 17 18:01:19 CEST 2005

Why do you have to be such a drama queen? Pointing out that freezing
trunk is fixing symptoms instead of fixing the root cause of the problem
(which is the way we develop ReactOS) is hardly "trashing people down".
If you freeze trunk for a weekend now, then in a week you will have the
exact same problem. What will you do then? Freeze it at every weekend
from now on? How about we just stop developing ReactOS for a year, and
only test and fix bugs in that time?

If there is a such a freeze rule, why isn't it documented at http://www.reactos.com/wiki/index.php/Voting? I have seen discussions
on the mailing list about such a rule, but I've not seen a vote on the
subject yet. Why don't you just call for a vote on the subject and
document it in wiki? It only requires two weeks of time to instate
a new rule, but once it's done, you have the luxury of just pointing
people to the wiki whenever you want to use the rule.

Casper