[ros-dev] found it! the "dce porting" header file

KJKHyperion hackbunny at reactos.com
Sun Sep 18 09:23:47 CEST 2005

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>if that _works_ (the tests pass) it'll be great - it will prove two things: 1) that pthreads-win32 works

oh, it works. But my recommendation is to do without POSIX threads. Make
me a list of the pthread_xxx symbols occuring in DCE, would you? and
I'll tell you how hard it will be to remove that dependency

>2) that the dce exception handling will fly, on win32, and _that_ means pretty much zero (urk! let's hope!) work.

nope, no way, forget about it, please try to code around it instead. It
can be implemented in the usual way that makes baby Jesus cry (i.e. with
setjmp & switch), but it's so non-portable it makes me scream in pain.
Please also don't even consider using C++ exceptions for it, because you
can't be serious about something like that