[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ea] 18050: Required for binary compatibility with MS KERNEL32.DLL.

KJKHyperion hackbunny at reactos.com
Sun Sep 25 16:30:27 CEST 2005

ea at svn.reactos.com wrote:

>Required for binary compatibility with MS KERNEL32.DLL.
>
>NOTE
>Filip and I still don't understand why KERNEL32 calls twice CsrConnectToServer.
>A possible explanation is because the Win32 server is a dual server: gui+console.

yes. It connects to subsystems 1 and 2. In general, all CSR calls made
by kernel32.dll are easily identifiable as calls to either subsystem
from their code (the subsystem code is in the upper 16 bits). The GUI
subsystem's functions, if you were wondering, are:

SrvExitWindowsEx
SrvEndTask
SrvLogon
SrvRegisterServicesProcess